Las Vegas Visa Requirements

Visa Requirements

Do I need a visa to enter the United States?

NO not if you are a citizen from a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and you intend to visit the USA for up to 90 days, so long as you have a valid passport (at least 6 months validity is required on your passport calculated from the date of return).

Currently, citizens from 36 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.

If no Visa is required, then travellers must obtain an authorisation to travel via ESTA.  This can be done online.

If you are travelling to the USA for more than 90 days you must obtain a visa. Under the VWP, time spent in Canada, Mexico, and adjacent islands counts towards the maximum of 90 days stay allowed under the program.

What is ESTA and how do I obtain it?

From 12 January 2009, all visitors to the United States travelling under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), including Australian passport holders, must obtain a travel authorization to travel to the US online at Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) no later than 72 hours prior to departure.

This applies for all passengers flying to the United States either as a destination/stop-over or as a via/transit point.

Failure to comply will result in denied boarding.

Passengers travelling on a passport other than an Australian passport and passengers with special visa requirements should check immigration requirements with the United States Embassy. Information provided here is subject to change and it is each passengers responsibility to check these details.  Pure Travel, Las Vegas Weddings and the airlines will not be responsible for any losses if you fail to obtain the appropriate travel requirements.

There is a fee of USD$10.00 for each VWP applicant receiving authorization to travel to the United States and USD$4.00 for the processing of the ESTA application. Applicants who are denied authorization to travel to the U.S. under the VWP will only be charged USD$4.00. The fee may only be paid by credit card. Once you have received your authority to travel, it is valid for 2 years.

Follow this link to apply now for the travel authorization.

For more information, read the Frequently Asked Questions section.

Read more interesting information found in the All About Las Vegas section (click on the link below):

Or back to the Las Vegas Weddings home page.

Or make an online enquiry.



View All Posts

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: